- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: May 03 2019 - May 05 2019
- Time: 09:00 - 17:00
Educator Training – Attached At The Heart Parenting
Become an Attached at the Heart Parenting Program Parenting Educator in your community!
As a trained facilitator you will be able to teach classes in your community that will help parents:
- Learn important facts to help make decisions before and after baby arrives
- Understand baby’s cries and how to stay calm
- Learn how their childhood experiences influence their parenting
- Learn practical strategies for strengthening the bond with their baby or young child
- Learn how to prioritize their lives to preserve the parent-child bond
- Learn infant communication signals and emotional milestones
- Understand how to make their couple relationship and family stronger
- Be more informed and empowered parents
- Understand the benefits of positive discipline and how to implement it in daily life
Program developers and API co-founders, Barbara Nicholson and Lysa Parker, will personally teach the Pilot Program at a dramatically reduced rate. Space is limited.
Apply today to take advantage of this rare opportunity to expand your knowledge base and join the growing community of Certified Attached at the Heart Parenting Educators.
Application Form (please see details about the process below)
Attached at the Heart Parent Educator Application Process
API’s application and approval is a prerequisite to becoming trained as an Attached at the Heart Parenting Educator. There are two tracks available, as described below.
Track One (Fast Track)
Applies to applicants with extensive group facilitation experience (i.e. formally accredited API Leader (pre-2018), La Leche League Leader) or related-degree professional experience in the child/family field to be determined during the application process.
a. Application and $30 non-refundable application fee; this is a separate fee from the tuition price.
b. Begin assigned readings, Nonviolent Communication by Marshall Rosenberg, Hold on to Your Kids by Gordon Neufeld and Gabor Maté and complete reading the text for the course, Attached at the Heart; and
c. Complete reading on selected API guidelines and policies.
Applies to applicants with no experience with group facilitation experience/skills.
a. Two recommendations, forms provided to you after application receipt;
b. Application and $30 non-refundable application fee. This is a separate fee from the tuition price.
c. Personal experience with attachment parenting practices in your own family; and
d. Complete readings on attachment parenting information, theory, and practice, and API guidelines and policies provided online in the free AP Leader materials.